Friday, May 13, 2011

Welcome To My New Blog

Hello everyone!
Welcome to my new blog!!! (glad you found it) it's called Life On The SilverSea (because I'll be living on a cruise ship "On The Sea", and the cruise line is called "Silversea Cruises, Ltd.")

I am getting ahead of the game and writing my first post from the very home I grew up in, in Carmel, Ca USA. (I can't believe I just put USA there, but in the coming months you all will need to know the country too!) Anyway, I set off in three days to start the month rehearsal process for the little tug-boat. I've been calling it a tug-boat because it hasn't hit me yet that I am going to be on one of the, if not the, most luxurious ships in the world! (Thats the whole world people! I can't believe how lucky I am!)

Now, before we all get ahead of ourselves, I am not going to be living e dream life as some might imagine the cruise industry to be. You must remember this (a kiss is just a kiss, jk [that means just kidding for our older readers]) I will be probably stuck in some tiny hole of a crew room, and will be wearing a uniform 24/7 when I am in a passenger area. I'll have duties like schmoozing with the passengers and things I won't want to do after performing a 90min. show. But, and thats a big but, I've signed on for it because I want to take on all those fabulously awful things and try them out. I want to sail around the world and sing with some amazing people (who I have yet to meet)! I want to see some of the most beautiful cities on Earth! Boy, oh boy, do I feel like a lucky guy! Once I get into the rhythm of rehearsals, later this month I'll tell you more about how this all came to be and what auditioning was like because it's an interesting story. Just know, that I feel blessed and honored, excited and happy to be setting out on this new adventure!!

_____________________

More to come: about the ship and where it's going, about rehearsals, about the origins of the job, some other stuff.

A few things to keep in mind about my blog:

-A of all: I have absolutely no idea how to blog.
-My spelling and grammar can sometimes be terrible, so I hope there aren't too many tyypos.
-I will try to do my best to keep this a regular thing, once I am on the ship but who knows what will happen with internet and all that and I often get distracted.
-My humor is dry and wet. So sometimes I'm totally sarcastic and sometimes I'm the corniest person ever; but, if you're reading this you probably know me, so you get that.
-if I use any crazy new words (that I often make up) or shortenings like "the fort" or "lol". I will try to explain them as I go, I may use a key at the end of the blog, or you may be "SOL."
---btw (by the way) those were "Fort Lauderdale" (where I am rehearsing, I think it sounds cooler so I made it up); "laugh out loud"; and "simply outta luck" (I like to create PG rated language out of sayings that might not normally be so!)


And now for a picture of your humble narrator:





Lots of love from my very first blog ever,

Rhett



~with love and care from who knows where~
Life On The SilverSea

2 comments:

  1. i love you and i am so glad you have a blog i can follow :) i can hear you saying all this out loud haha miss you my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found the blog yeazaaaaaaaaoooah

    ReplyDelete