Thursday, May 26, 2011

Week one!

Week one done; show one check!!

Hi y'all! Hope you're all having a wonderful day!




Well, I made it into Fort Lauderdale last week and arrived at this beautiful hotel! There is a beautiful glass-covered outdoor courtyard complete with the restaurant (on the left) I will be eating a lovely buffet breakfast at every morning and a grand fountain! There is also a nice gym (haha, seriously I need to start hitting up the gym more frequently) a lovely pool and hot tub which at this very moment I am about to go for a dip in.




We have Internet all over the hotel provided for us by our company which is nice!! I'm staying in a gorgeous double room in a heavenly comfy full bed with my very own tempur-pedic pillow (brought from home of course)!





My roommate's name is Michael and he's a wonderful guy from South Carolina. Really talented. He was roomed with me because we were going to be roommates on the ship; but, to make a long story short I won't be on the same ship as him anymore. Basically, I got switched to a different ship (halfway through week one) where I'm more featured. It's been a tough week on my brain and body to switch casts and shows!!

Btw, many cruise ship casts break down the same way ours does
Male 1 (singer) - me
In the photo below my cast! From left to right:
F1 (singer) - Victoria (UK)
F2 (singer/dancer) - Kelly (UK)
FD (female dancers) - Nina (Slovenia) & Olivia (UK)



we have two additions: the ballroom dancers who are from the Ukraine! (Anton and Olga) (I took a photo from his Facebook lol)



We started rehearsal with meet & greet at 8am, and got all our paperwork filled out. I filled out a form for a Maritime Bahamian Seamanship Book! So cool. I rehearsed the first two & 1/2 days with one cast for the Silver Spirit, and now I'm rehearsing for the Silver Cloud. It's very confusing and very hard on my body and brain. But I basically had to forget all the stuff I was learning and learn a brand new show in one day. Thats right, one day. Haha. Some kind of record, I'm sure. Anyway we finished the show (called: dance on the waves -my Sinatra set) and performed it for the office on Monday. We've started work on our second show, Studio 54. Although we've already learnt some of our fourth show The Lands.



On our day off I went with the Spirit cast (the other cast & ship pictured above) down to Miami beach and soaked up the 85 degree sun, and of course stopped off for lunch and dessert at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink of Food Network fame. Sooooo good. It was an amazing day off.



I'm hard at work learning new material, hip-hop dance among other challenging choreography, narrations, different languages, music, lyrics, the ins and outs of cruise life, and many other things! It's crazy busy, but very fun and I cant wait to get on the ship! (btw, if you call it a boat, everyone makes a big deal and you get corrected immediately: "a boat is where you go when the ship is sinking") hope your lives are full of joy!

Spread love,
Rhett

~with love and care from who knows where~
Life On The SilverSea

Location:Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

1 comment:

  1. Hi love! Glad to hear all is well, if not busy and exciting, in your world. I know you are having an amazing time already, and I cannot wait to see where the winds take you. I miss you already. I can't wait to see what comes next. Keep us posted! All my love, -Kadee

    ReplyDelete