Saturday, September 10, 2011

SOME NEW PICS! (and around the British Isles)

Hello all! Hope your lives are filled with happiness!

Well we went around the British isles again from London to Southampton. Rather than boring you with much of the same thing about many of the ports that were repeated, I thought I’d make this blog a bit shorter.

We Stopped first in Edinburgh, but this time it was during the Fringe Festival! How amazing the Fringe is, is something you have to experience for yourself. We over-nighted, and while walking around I caught two performances from two different oxford a capella groups performing outside. They were awesome and one group did an arrangement of “Feelin’ Good,” a song I sing on the ship, so that was fun to hear. After that, I managed to get a front row center ticket to the hysterical Margaret Cho, and it about changed my life. She is one of my favorite American stand up comedians, who talks about the liberal taboo. After the set, Olivia, who was with me, and I met her and she invited us to another show that she was going to. HOW COOL! To be invited like a friend to another show to hang out with Margaret Cho! Unfortunately, we couldn’t attend as we were going to a different show, which wore us out. Kelly joined us and we went to a performance called “Showstopper! The improvised musical” in which they improvised an entire musical based on audience suggestions, it ended up being about a dead couple trying to save another couple from committing murder. Having just written that out it doesn’t sound very funny, but believe me this was an entire night of ab-hurting laughter. All in all a successful night.

Me and Margaret Cho!!

After that came Ivergorden where I took a tour trip to go to St. Andrews, the home of golf. It was a very fun and exciting trip to see the old course and the beautiful town of St. Andrews who’s college that I viewed was attended by none other then Prince William. (That’s right Auri.) I also went down to the beautiful West-Sands and ran along the amazing beach singing the Chariots of Fire theme song as that was the beach where the famous opening sequence was filmed!
Me at St. Andrews Old Course:

Running on the West Sands singing the Chariots of Fire theme:

We moved on to a few other ports, Portree had some amazing curry & cream mussels and was a lovely little harbor town nestled within high cliffs of the Isle of Skye.
Nina and I in Portree:

We also hit Balleycastle, a pretty little Northern Ireland port beach town, which latterly was lovely to look at but who’s one street town was nothing exciting. The other ports we had mainly been to before, luckily, as I developed a throat virus, which I have now recovered from due to more sleep than I’ve ever gotten and a lot of heavy-duty antibiotics. However I did of course get off the ship in my favorite, Dublin. I had a lovely little walk, but it was rainy as most of this cruise was, so I quickly returned to my warm Starbucks cup and my skype chat with a fellow performer on a different Silversea ship, my great friend Carina.
We arrived into Southampton where we debarked all the guests after a very stormy night of seventeen feet swells! My sister and brother-in-law embarked with us and are now on the ship through the end of this next cruise, which will be in Barcelona.
I’ll write to you all once we finish this cruise in a week and a half, but for now enjoy some NEW photos and stay well!
Love like always,
Rhett

A sunset from my cabin window:

Nina and I at the top of Europe, The North Cape, Norway:

The Norwegian Troll in Honningsvag, Norway:

The Waterlilly Gardens of Monet at Giverney, France:

Monet’s Pink and Green House in Giverney:

The Famous Angry Baby in Oslo:

The original dock of The Mayflower in Plymouth England:

Nina and I in Amsterdam:

The canal boat I took in Amsterdam:

In a sweatshop in Russia:

At a waterfall in Geiranger, Norway:

The Mussels I had for lunch in Bruges, Belgium:

Sitting "In Bruges":

Granny and I met up outside the ship:

Finally, I had to let out a crow like Peter Pan on Tower Bridge:

If you made it this far I thought I'd share a funny story:
I had this elderly woman come up to me on the last day of her cruise, that I hadn't seen before and she said to me, "you know, I'm in love with you.... You... you're just so handsome up on stage and..." she went on to say some other really nice things so I helped her with her luggage and i think it was perhaps her husband that said, "oh you're making her day, you know she's in love with you. You're all she talks about!" What an amazing way to end a cruise I'd say!

LOVE LOVE

1 comment: